INTRODUCTION OF PINTÉR AURÉL LAW OFFICE
The law firm has extensive international client relationships, primarily in the United States and the European Union, using the international experience gained by the founder member. The firm provides continuous legal advisory services to Hungarian companies established by foreign legal entities. Given the complex nature of these legal services, the law firm has established lasting relationships with tax advisors and accountants with expertise in international taxation and accounting.
The aim of the law firm is to provide its clients with a comprehensive service covering several areas of law, and to this end it has an extensive circle of partners specializing in different areas of law. Our principle is that a person cannot be an expert upon every area of law, but we might help to find the professionals who understand the field best.
The main areas of expertise of the law firm are:
- formation of companies
- continuous corporate law maintenance of the operation of companies,
- full management of changes of ownership in companies (mergers and acquisitions),
- structuring the decision-making and management bodies of companies,
- planning organizational changes (change of form, merger, amalgamation, and division), preparation of documentation, representation during the court proceedings,
- planning of capital changes from a tax and accounting point of view, registration of capital increase and capital reduction in the court of registration,
- liquidation of companies,
- establishment and legal representation of cross-border companies, mainly operating in the European Union,
- general legal representation of companies in all legal matters.
- drafting employment contracts and contracts establishing individual legal relations for the performance of work and amendments thereto,
- advising on matters relating to employment and other employment relationships,
- representation of employers and employees in labor disputes,
- advisory services on labor law issues related to taxation and accounting,
- counseling in the event of termination of employment (termination, mutual agreement,
- counseling in international labor law, obtaining work permit
Real estate law:
- drafting contracts for the real estate transfers, including the provision of real estate as an asset considered other than in cash, the free transfer (gift), the termination of joint ownership,
- preparation of contracts for the lease of real estate, advising on the establishment and termination of such legal relations,
- advising on real estate tax and tax matters,
- legal management of complex real estate investments
- merger and division of real estate, termination of joint ownership of real estate,
- exploring building regulations for certain properties,
- advising on and legal representation in real estate indemnification and expropriation proceedings,
- legal representation of real estate companies.
Law of obligations, contracts
- preparation of contracts subject to Hungarian legislation (primarily sales, lease, commission, and business contracts),
- registration and cancellation of rights under contracts,
- advising on and legal representation in disputes concerning contracts,
- advising on and legal representation on termination and amendment of contracts,
- participation in the conclusion, amendment, and termination of international agreements.
Copyright, industrial property protection
- registration of trademarks, patents, industrial designs,
- drafting contracts for the use of copyright works, in particular filming contracts and contracts with filmmakers and contributors,
- preparation of film distribution contracts,
- legal representation of film production and distribution companies,
- advising on copyright issues for authors and users,
- advising on film support issues.
- legal representation of companies covered by the acts related to the press and media
- legal representation in press correction and personal rights lawsuits involving the press,
- preparation of contracts covered by media law,
- consulting in the field of advertising rules concerning the media, preparation of contracts related to advertising.
- preparation of concession contracts for gambling, advice on concession issues,
- legal representation of gaming casinos, consulting in solving special gambling legal issues, in the operation of companies engaged in the organization of gambling,
- legal advice on the establishment and operation of online gambling operators,
- advising on the creation and amendment of the regulations of gambling companies,
- liaison with the relevant state supervisory bodies.
- preparation of wills, succession contracts and other provisions in case of death,
- advising on the asset management in the event of death,
- legal representation in domestic and international probate proceedings,
- legal representation in legacy disputes,
- preservation of wills, documents containing provisions in case of death.
- general advice to comply with GDPR requirements, participation in data protection screening,
- preparation of privacy policies, interest balance tests, data management and data processing contracts,
- advice on other ad hoc data protection law issues.
Law of non-governmental organizations:
- establishment and registration of foundations, associations, non-profit companies,
- general legal representation of foundations, associations, and non-profit companies,
- participation in obtaining the public benefit qualification of non-governmental organizations, in creating the preconditions for the public benefit qualification,
- maintenance and amendment of the memorandum of association of foundations, associations, and non-profit companies,
- advising on NGO funding issues.
- general tax advisory service on the taxation of individuals and companies with the involvement of tax experts,
- legal advising on the development of forms and structures of taxation that provide legitimate economic benefits,
- legal representation in tax disputes and tax audits.
The lawyers cooperating with the law office, without exception, started their activities at the Aurél Pintér Law Office as trainee lawyers, and later continued their activities as independent attorneys. This background allowed them to operate independently, at the same time all the benefits derives from our collaboration have been taken by them and their clients. The collaboration created an intellectual workshop that provides professional standards of an international law office on a fair, more favorable market price.
INTRODUCTION OF LAW OFFICE MEMBERS AND COOPERATING PARTNERS
Aurel, dr. Pintér partner
Pintér Aurél Law Office
Aurél graduated from the Faculty of Law of the Eötvös Loránd University in 1980. Between 1980 and 1987, he worked first as a court clerk and then he was appointed to judge at the Civil Department of the Pest Central District Court. In 1987 and 1988, he worked as a legal advisor at a Hungarian company: MD Vállalkozási és Kereskedelmi Kft. From 1990 to 1992, he worked as a visiting lawyer at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson Law Firm in Washington afterwards he joined to Weil, Gotshall & Manges. Then returning to Hungary, he established the Hardy and Pintér law office together with Ilona dr. Hardy. The firm mainly dealt with securities market, company acquisition cases and the establishment and operation of voluntary mutual pension funds. From September 1998 to December 2006, he became a partner of Nagy & Pintér Law Office, working in cooperation with the Washington-based Hogan & Hartson L.L.P. In January 2007, he founded the Pintér Aurél Law Office, in which he has been cooperating with his partners ever since.
Member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration for Sport.
His main professional areas are company law, acquisitions and transformations of companies, contract law, copyright, real estate law, tax law and non-governmental organization law.
Anett, dr. Berecz partner
Berecz Anett Law Office
Anett társasági jogi tanácsadással foglalkozott gyakornok kora óta egy nemzetközi ügyvédi irodában, és több cég átvilágításában részt vett. Munkája részeként napi operatív kérdésekben támogatja ügyfeleit, ideértve az operatív működéshez szükséges szerződéses feltételekkel kapcsolatos kérdésekben való tanácsadást is. Ezen felül különösen szerzői jogi, azon belül is a filmgyártáshoz (dokumentumfilm, nagyjátékfilm, animációs filmek) és filmforgalmazáshoz kapcsolódó jogi területeken szerzett meghatározó tapasztalatot. Feladatai közé tartoztak a filmgyártához kapcsolódó teljes folyamat jogi és szerződéses hátterének biztosítása, televíziós licensz és sugárzási jog átadásával kapcsolatos szerződések előkészítése, véleményezése, valamint szerződéses állomány kezelésével, szerződések megfeleltetésével kapcsolatos munkák.
Skóciai tanulmányai alatt kezdett el mélyebben szerzői joggal foglalkozni. A fő kutatási területe és a disszertációja is a szellemi alkotások témaköre volt, de versenyjogi jogi tárgyú kurzuson is részt vett. 2019. novemberében szakvizsgázott, és ezt követően saját ügyvédi irodája keretében lát el jogi tanácsadást, együttműködve a Pintér Aurél Ügyvédi Irodával.
Péter, dr. Grosz partner
dr. Grosz Péter Law Office
Prior to joining the legal profession, Péter worked as an economist in the fields of marketing, business analysis and back office (sales support). He began his postgraduate studies in 1999, graduated in economics (BSc) from the College of Modern Business in 2003 and graduated from Szent István University in 2005 with a degree in economics (MSc). In 2007 he started his legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Political Science of the Pázmány Péter Catholic University getting cum laude qualification in 2012. In 2016 he took the bar exam. He speaks English and German, and uses English regularly in his daily work. As a lawyer, he gained his experience as a head of legal department in a large undertaking. In the past he provided mostly employment and contract law advisory service to his clientele.
Peter’s professional areas are contract law, employment law, gambling law, data protection law, inheritance law.
Dániel, dr. Kovács (L.L.M.) trainee lawyer
Pintér Aurél Law Office
- Dániel Kovács (L.L.M.) works for the Pintér Aurél Law Office since August 2018. He graduated from the Pázmány Péter Catholic University (2014) and holds a bachelor degree in European Business Law (2012, University of Abertay Dundee) and Legal English Translator L.L.M degree ( 2018, Pázmány Péter Catholic University).
Before he started to work for the Aurel’s law firm he worked for Morgan Stanley Hungary (2014-2018) as an anti - money laundering regulatory documentation associate. Before that, he gained in-depth knowledge of debt management working for OTP Factoring Ltd. between 2012 and 2014.
Besides his native Hungarian, he fluently speaks English.